Philips D3S bulbs are specialized xenon bulbs that are often used in automotive lighting systems. Below are the detailed information about these bulbs:
Type : D3S (xenon bulb type designation, where “D” means discharge, “3” is series, and “S” means standard base dimension).
Technology : Xenon HID (High-Intensity Discharge), i.e. high-intensity discharge gas lamps that use an electric arc between electrodes inside a bulb filled with xenon gas, which allows for very intense light with low power consumption.
Power supply: HID bulbs require a special power supply unit (ballast) that regulates the flow of electricity to the bulb.
Light color: Typically in the range of about 4300K to 6000K, which produces a white or slightly bluish light. This is close to natural daylight and provides excellent visibility.
Brightness: Xenon bulbs are much brighter than traditional halogen bulbs, improving visibility when driving at night.
Lifespan: Long-lasting, they can glow for up to 2000-3000 hours, which is significantly longer compared to traditional halogen bulbs.
Energy efficiency: Higher energy efficiency than halogen bulbs, despite greater light brightness.
Certification and Safety: Philips products typically undergo rigorous testing to ensure they are safe, reliable and comply with international standards.
Model: Philips offers several models and versions of D3S bulbs, which may differ in features such as light intensity and color temperature.
Application: These bulbs are intended for use in automotive lighting systems with appropriate sockets designed for xenon bulbs.
When thinking about replacing or upgrading your car’s lighting with Philips Xenon D3S bulbs, remember that in many countries this requires the provision of appropriate systems for cleaning the headlights and adjusting their alignment. This is a legal requirement linked to the fact that xenon light is much brighter than halogen light and can blind other road users if not configured correctly.
Philips D3S bulbs specification:
Basic technical data:
- Bulb type: D3S
- Technology: Xenon HID (High-Intensity Discharge)
- Voltage and Power Rating: Typically 42V at approximately 35 watts
- Light color: Typically in the 4300K range (may vary depending on model)
- Luminous Flux: Approximately 3200 lm (lumens), although this may vary depending on the product
- Lifespan: Average 2000 to 3000 hours of use
- Shaft: PK32d-5
- Regulations and standards: Compliant with ECE R99 and R-98, possibly with other applicable approval standards
- Energy efficiency: Greater brightness with lower power consumption compared to halogen lamps
- Temperature operation: Optimal operation over a wide temperature range
- Compatibility: Compatible with most automotive lighting systems using D3S bulbs
Model and variants:
- Philips offers different models of D3S bulbs, which may have different luminescent characteristics or color temperatures, e.g. Philips Xenon Standard, Philips Xenon X-tremeVision czy Philips Xenon WhiteVision.
Recommendations for use:
- D3S bulbs are recommended for use in lighting systems that have been designed with HID technology in mind.
- They should be replaced in pairs to ensure even illumination of the road.
- Installation should be performed by a qualified technician to ensure proper operation and avoid damage.
Note: Please note that specifications may vary depending on the specific bulb model and production time. For detailed technical data for a specific Philips D3S bulb model, it is best to consult the product documentation or the manufacturer directly.